After an expert drain cleaning, it is vital to follow a few of the suggestions of our plumbers to prevent future issues:
- Monitor what you put in the sink, toilet, and shower drain.
- Invest in a drain screen or screen.
- Remove hair, soap, and other particles from the drain plugs in your sink every few weeks.
- Avoid flushing over-the-counter chemical cleaners down the drain as they can cause plumbing problems.
- Run hot water through bathroom drains every week to remove any buildup.
- Have cold water running when your garbage disposal is on
Taking these preventative upkeep steps and buying routine drain cleaning in Bel Air services can assist prevent significant problems. Leaving drains without upkeep can cause serious clogs or even obstruction that could result in pipe damage, reduced water quality, and prospective health threats.
Tidying Up Your Waste Disposal Unit: Beware of Clogged Drain Pipes
If you don’t understand what to do with your waste disposal unit, then contact the plumbers at Angelino’s Plumbing Emergency Services Pacific Palisades, no real drain cleaning in Bel Air experts. Garbage disposals are often the first drain treatment wringers to be called when there is a clogged drain or drain blockage. However, if the waste disposal unit itself hasn’t been cleaned consistently and maintained properly, it can quickly become clogged. There are four simple actions to help keep your sink drain clean.
- Watch what goes into your garbage disposal: Just put biodegradable things in the garbage disposal. You have a trash can to put all the non-biodegradable stuff. Some foods are famous for causing problems, avoid putting them on.
- Run your garbage disposal for a little longer: People’s most common mistake with garbage disposal is turning it off as soon as the grinding noises stop. The machine should be left on for at least 30-60 seconds after the screeching noise stops while the water is still running. This clears the tiny food particles that are still in the unit and prevents them from clogging.
- Avoid dumping grease in your sink: You should avoid pouring oil, grease, or grease into the sink. It tends to build up in the unit and slows down the engine. It also coats your pipes and clogs the drain. To prevent this from happening, wipe as much grease as you can from cans and pans with a paper towel.
- Cut larger fruits and vegetables into smaller pieces: You can cut large pieces of fruits and vegetables (food) before throwing them away. This will help the grinder process it faster and prevent food from getting stuck inside.
These four simple steps to keeping your drain clear can help prevent a drain blockage from occurring and professional drain cleaning in Bel Air services will have more success in clearing the drain.
FAST RESPONSE TIME - CALL US! +1 (310) 359-0376
Angelino's Plumbing Emergency Services Pacific Palisades
We provide our clients with a wide range of services.